Old 09-06-2003, 11:44 PM
Bill Oliver

Default garden police gone wild?

In article ,
paghat wrote:

In Montgomery Village Foundation v. Ellis, a Home Association (not a
Homeowners Association however) sought to enforce in the courts a
regulation banning private trucks. Montgomery Village Foundation is an
enforcing agency serving a number of Homeowner & Home Associations & Condo
Associations, & do not do this unless members of the neighborhood involved
insist. But once committed, they didn't care if the regulation was
nonsensical. The covenants did permit vans, Winebagos, huge honking-ass
utility vehicles -- but all Ellis had was a small pick-up truck. The court
found that the regulation was stupid & unenforceable since giant RVs were
permitted, & Ellis's tiny pick-up was a new & well-kept & on no rational
basis of any harm to anyone. The courts' decision, however, didn't mean
incorporated housing areas couldn't ban EVERYthing bigger than a Lovebug
&make EVERYone get rid of their vehicles, but only going after Ellis's
little pick-up was not going to be allowed.

No kidding. So they were just faking it when they sent me that
nasty letter? Sons of bitches. I never went to another party there.

billo