Old 10-06-2003, 12:56 AM
Paulo

Default Dendrobium Sprin Dream Appollon

Thanks Dave, but i think my problem was too much water.....I bought it in
full bloom, anf after all teh flowers were gone, started to grow
keikis....Now one of the keikis is also dying (2 left) they look ehalthy and
start to grow roots....Now, what can i do to save the keikis??? I was
thinking mounting them with spanghum moss.....Any idea/help

--
Paulo
"Dave" wrote in message
m...
That is Dendrobium Spring Dream 'Appollon' it is a nobile and can be

grown
in sphagnum moss, they like a lot of water during growing season. There

are
some different growing requirements for the nobile such as no water in

Nov,
Dec, Jan. and do not fertilize before the buds set in the spring or you

will
only get kiekies. You can mount it if you desire, just remember - a lot

of
water and fertilizer during growing season. My Spring Dream had over a
hundred blooms on it last spring.
"Paulo" wrote in message
.. .
Hi All!, I need some help with my Dendrobium, it has just one "branch",

with
3 keikis....it is potted with spanghum moss. I ve heard it will be

better
mounted....and I would like to have some indications how to do it. I

have
nice piece of bark I can use..but what kind of material shoul i use?

Also,
now that is growing these keikis, is it a good time to do it?

I was thinking to take all this branch (with keikis) and mounted paralel

the bark pice i have, and use spanghum to cover the roots. Should also

fix
some spanghum around the keikis?

Thanks

--