Old 10-06-2003, 01:20 AM
Neil Barnett

Default Potato's in old tires ?

Hi,
I did this once in the space between the house and side fence. Simply put
you put soil/compost in a tyre on the ground and plant the spuds. When the
shoots appear through the soil add another tyre and fill it with the
soil/compost. As plant grows up keeping adding tyres to a convenient (and
safe) height. When ready to harvest you have spuds all the way down.
Neil
"Mylorace" wrote in message
Hi, I dont have a lot of space , but want to grow a few spuds , saw

something ,
do not remember where, about successful growing in old car tires, can

someone
please put me on the right track with a website or other info on this

matter,
Thanks in advance
Mylo.