Old 10-06-2003, 01:56 AM
Bonnie Espenshade

Default Weed Identification

Kay Lancaster wrote:
I must be lucky, it's the third plants listed - bedstraw.
Interestly looking plant but it has to go.

Stickery, hooky things on the plants that make it glom onto everything?
If they don't have this, you may have Galium odoratum (=Asperula odorata),
sweet woodruff, very useful if you make mai wine.

It is stickery with a square shaped stem. I've noticed my
hands itch after touching - I'm now wearing gloves to pull
the stuff. It comes out very easily :-). I think I'll put
it all in the back by the new cow pasture!

--
Bonnie
NJ