Old 10-06-2003, 03:08 AM
dementia13

Default Help - Tree Identification (picts included)

I agree. Definitely a magnolia, but which species is a question. Many
deciduous
magnolias will produce seedheads similar in form to those in the pic and
there
are dozens of species and countless more hybrid forms. Post a picture when it
blooms next spring and you might get a more accurate ID.

pam - gardengal

You can do a Google search on "Magnolia", maybe try filtering out
references to Bed & Breakfasts and the Grateful Dead to cut your results
down to 5 figures, and see if you find one that matches. I I.D.'d my dog
by entering "sheepdog", and found her picture on the second page of
search, returning only pages that contain images and showing thumbnails
of those images.