Old 10-06-2003, 06:08 AM
TMehlin

Default Caterpillar Id?

I suspect tent caterpillars, they're bad this year.
-TM
"Lilly" wrote in message
This evening I found maybe 10 caterpillars on my wisteria and I was
wondering if anyone knew if they were butterfly or moth, or even a
specific name? They were fuzzy, mostly black with bright fire orange
stripes. I live in Washington State, zone 8. Tried to google for this,
but wasn't especially successful, so any ideas about this would be
great.
Thanks!
~Lilly
The White Man must treat the beasts of this
land as his brother. What is man without the
beasts? If all the beasts were gone, man
would die from a great loneliness of spirit. For
whatever happens to the beasts, also happens
to the man.

Chief Seattle