Old 10-06-2003, 10:32 AM
John Pearce

Default Help - Rust on my Garlic!

"Colin Malsingh" wrote in message
On Mon, 9 Jun 2003 09:33:53 +0100, "John Pearce"
wrote:

My garlic is suffering a similar problem with rust, though not as heavy.

It doesn't seem to have spread, and only seems to be affecting the

foliage,
the bulbs not being affected at all. I lifted a few of the larger ones,
just to check over the weekend and they seem fine.

Interesting John - how far had the bulbs of your garlic developed?

On the two that I have lifted, there weren't any "proper" cloves -
just lots of segments of stuff that looked like they will eventually
fatten out to become cloves.

I'd still expect to leave Garlic in the ground till later in July or
so, so I'm not sure if the relative immaturity of mine is a problem.

Colin
-----
Replace the obvious with Bigfoot

Colin

Bulbs on a couple were pretty well developed, all those lifted 1" diameter,
some about 2".

The ones lifted weer from cloves planted in November and transplanted
outside in January so they've had a very good run at being able to form
blubs already. Leaving the rest in the ground now, unless the rust seems to
spread.

John