Old 10-06-2003, 11:08 AM
Kay Easton

Default Tomatoes; Gardeners' World training method

In article , Pam Moore
writes

Please can someone explian to me the method of training tomatoes shown
by Chris Beardshaw on GW last Friday?
I thought I was recording but my tape ran out. A friend has tried to
explain what she thought she saw but she is not a tomato grower!!
Something about cutting the stem to get one third more fruit?
Help please. Cannot find the details on GW site and am curious.

After every second leaf, cut the main stem and let a side shoot become
the leader - don't know what the normal method is, so don't know how
this compares! But the effect was to change:

Leaf leaf leaf truss leaf leaf leaf truss

leaf leaf truss leaf leaf truss
--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page: