Old 10-06-2003, 12:32 PM
Mike

Default Burgess Propane Fogger

I stopped by Home Depot yesterday, and looked over the Burgess Fogger. After
reading the precautions, and walking around the store looking for a
respirator i suddenly realized that this just wasn't a solution i could live
with.
Between the precautions of using near water, not having pets in the area
during and shortly after fogging, and not applying when its windy, i had to
pass on this idea.
I was planning on fogging my beach area, which the cats like to use as a
litter box from time to time, and you cant get much closer to the water than
that. There is almost always a slight wind blowing off the lake, and i can
only imagine the look on my neighbors, and the lake association gestapo's
faces when they see me out there with a respirator on.
Funny the guy at Home Depot was trying to sell me one of the Mosquito
Magnets for $400+, and said they worked great. I told him i had looked into
them, and hadnt heard much good about them. He continued with his praise of
the unit, and then i noticed three retaped Mosquito Magnet cartons a few
feet away.
Oh well back to using bug spray, and citronella. May try the bat house
thing, but every time we have sat next to the fireplace on the beach, there
are already a few bats swooping around. Some people get a little spooked
when they get close enough, so having a whole colony of them might not be a
good idea either.
Thanks for the replys.