Old 10-06-2003, 01:44 PM
Pam

Default Caterpillar Id?

Lilly wrote:

This evening I found maybe 10 caterpillars on my wisteria and I was
wondering if anyone knew if they were butterfly or moth, or even a
specific name? They were fuzzy, mostly black with bright fire orange
stripes. I live in Washington State, zone 8. Tried to google for this,
but wasn't especially successful, so any ideas about this would be
great.

They are tent caterpillars, the subject of several recent threads. They
have been very prevelent in this area this spring, but are reaching the
end of the caterpillar stage of their life cycle and are no longer
particularly harmful.

pam - gardengal