Old 10-06-2003, 01:44 PM
Lee Brouillet

Default BZT update

Cathy, your algae problem is the same (I think) one that I had/have. It took
6 weeks for the first bout to clear up, then for some reason or other, it
started again, albeit less seriously.

Do you have a skimmer? That's the only way I can see to get rid of the
stuff. You need to catch the stuff while it's floating and get rid of it,
o'wise it sinks back down, decays, and feeds the next bloom. I have to clean
my skimmer nets 2X a day when it's like this. If you can't skim the stuff
off, I can't see how to get rid of it. Bummer.

Lee

"Szpond" wrote in message
I put in my first 2 oz. of BZT last Monday (pond is 4500 gallons). I have

major water problem. Murky water with floating algae (scum) which gets

worse
as the day heats up. I was hoping for a miracle cure with the BZT.
I have noticed that the waterfall is crystal clear - no algae on any

rocks!
The water does not seem as "dense" as it was, but it is still murky and

the
algae is still floating. Can see down about 6 - 8" inches in the water.
Today I added the second dose. Will let you know. Cathy