Old 10-06-2003, 04:20 PM
Shiva

Default Moving a climber

On Tue, 10 Jun 2003 14:46:06 GMT, "Theo Asir"
wrote:

feeder roots than to 'bare root' it. The larger roots are anchors and are
not nearly as important as the feeders. Preperation is the key to

success,

If you live in the wind tunnel
the larger roots are more important
than the smaller ones.

After yesterdays 30-40 mph gusts
so many of my roses stand at weird angles.

Sigh!

Poor Theo! I had a little taste of this the second winter, when the
hybrid teas I planted on an exposed hill got blasted during a storm. I
planted up high, so could actuall see the thick roots pulling out of
the ground as the roses lay on their sides! This is when I learned how
resiliant they can be. I just picked them up, staked them, and tamped
the ground down around them and they did fine. The following winter I
made sure they were shorter at dormancy, less wind resistance.

--
Theo in Zone 5
Kansas City