Old 10-06-2003, 04:32 PM
Shiva

Default Learning experience

On Tue, 10 Jun 2003 00:45:46 GMT, "Susan Solomon"
wrote:

Thanks for your comments, Aswhad... I probably am a little quick on the draw
with the shovel!
I'll spray them for mildew and let them grow a while longer. But I do wish
the Austin blooms lasted longer!

Sue in SoCal
probably expecting too much too soon

You know, Susan, they really do shatter quickly, that never changes.
It doesn't bother me at all for two reasons,

1. I don't mind replacing vase roses every day if need be. It is my
early morning ritual to go out and look at the roses. When I have
roses that shatter quickly, such as the rose Scentimental, which I
would not be without, but shatters after a SINGLE DAY, I just grow
more of them so I always have more blooms.

2. For me, there is something creepy about a rose that has been in a
vase for a week. Like spoiled produce. The longest I will keep a rose
in a vase is four days, changing the water daily.

Perhaps you might start a thread such as "Roses With Long Vase Life."
Then those who know can help you choose next year's batch!