Old 10-06-2003, 10:08 PM
Carl e Roberts

Default composting

thanx for the link..

Joyce & Rick wrote:

As added interest - another site that has a lot of information,
especially for the beginner is www.mastercomposter.com and I hope it
helps you. I don't usually use kitchen scraps in my compost pile, but
I use my compost piles in both a vegetable garden and a flower
garden. In addition, some kitchen scraps can give off an offensive
odor when they break down if your compost pile has to be near your
house or a neighbors. There are bins that you can buy specifically
for this purpose at most farm and garden centers. Tea leaves and
coffee grounds, however, can be added directly to both vegetable and
flower gardens and help keep the moisture in the ground as well as
provide valuable nutrients. Joyce Sullivan