Old 01-03-2003, 07:01 AM
Cowboy

Default Speaking of Ivies...

Hello Once Again,

Here's another short story of a conundrum I face. While walking with a
friend in his neighborhood we passed a house with a nice yard cover with
what I suppose was yet another Ivy. This ivy was being use as ground
covering as the whole front yard was nicely cover with it. I mentioned
wanting a clipping and he proceeded to yank a stem out of the ground and
gave it to me.

I took it home, cut it into five segments and placed them in it's own
planter and the same generic soil that I have my other Ivies in. The leaves
have since died (one of which is pictured) which I anticipated but one of
the stems has budded. My question is, just what kind of Ivy is this or
better yet is it even an Ivy? Also, can I grow it indoors under the 150W
incandescent bulb without some special treatment?

Here is a picture of the dead clipped leaf and again thank you for any
answers and advise.

http://cactuscowboy0.tripod.com/Ivy2.htm

Cowboy