Old 11-06-2003, 01:20 AM
Charles

Default Please help with baby fish ID

On Tue, 10 Jun 2003 23:35:29 GMT, "Craig Cagle"
wrote:

Hi all. I went out yesterday to feed my 16 goldfish of various size to find
many (50?) tiny new swimmers in the pond. I was very excited! Today, I go
out again and there are countless numbers of the little guys! Must be
hundreds of them. Now...

They are each less than 1/8" long, have round, dark-grey, spotted bodies,
and really skinny tails. They seem to be clinging to the edges more than
they are swimming about. Oh I forgot to mention my pleco who is the biggest
fish in the pond (8"-10"). What scares me is that these babies really look
like the pleco!! Should I wait til they grow to be sure they are not
goldfish...or get rid of them - I don't want a pleco pond...

Craig
1000 gal, Zn 9, TX

Sounds to me like baby goldfish. they should start swimming fishlike
in two or three more days.
_

- Charles
-