Old 02-03-2003, 06:26 AM
Martin Rand

Default Speaking of Ivies...

"Iris Cohen" wrote in message
one of the stems has budded. My question is, just what kind of Ivy is

this
or better yet is it even an Ivy? Also, can I grow it indoors under the

150W
incandescent bulb without some special treatment?

This time you have Hedera helix, English ivy. You can probably grow it

indoors,
but it will want a little more light than the pothos, yet it wants to be
cooler. It will be better off on a cool windowsill. Also, especially since

it
came from outdoors, English ivy is susceptible to spider mites and many

other
ills. Keep a close watch on it.

Iris, how could you tell that's H. helix and not another weakly /
sporadically lobed species e.g. H. algeriensis Hibberd?