Old 11-06-2003, 03:44 AM
Dave

Default Catt light question

I live west of you on the other coast and had some trouble getting some of
my catts to bloom and cut back on the amount of water I gave them, the
started blooming and still bloom. I give my catts between 50% and 60% which
they seem to like. I got one from Joe G. over there about 8 years ago and
it would not bloom until I cut back on the water, when I did it started
blooming - it has 12 blooms on it now.

I have not had fungus problems with the ones I hang in the yard, more
problems with insects and squirrels. I do spray with RD20 on a monthly
basis.
"Ryan greenthumbs" wrote in message
om...
How much light is too much for cattleyas? I have a few plants that I
just can't get to bloom. They grow well (like the other Catts in my
collection), they're healthy, they keep producing pseudobulbs every
year, but they just won't bloom for me. I've tried more and more
light (over a period of two years); the plants' leaves are turning
lighter and lighter (almost yellow)
but I've not burned them yet.... I fertilize them as I do all the
others, they're potted in the same medium. What's the problem?

Thanks for any advice,
"Greenthumbs"