Old 03-03-2003, 03:15 PM

Default move fish to new pond???

make that a month for GF. INgrid

~ jan wrote:

On Sun, 02 Mar 2003 17:39:30 GMT, "Loren Wickline"
wrote:

Actually I meant should I just get new fish for the new pond? I am keeping
the smaller pond also. My fish seem happy so I didn't know if I should move
some of them, all of them, or none of them?

Welcome to rec.ponds Loren!

Put the fish you know are healthy into the new pond and use the old pond as
a quarantine pond. Quarantine goldfish for a minimum of 2 weeks, Koi 6
weeks and half way thru take a healthy one out of the new pond and put with
the new koi for the last 3 weeks. Koi can carry a virus that may not kill
the carrier, but can and have killed an entire pond if proper quarantine is
not followed. ~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~