Old 11-06-2003, 11:20 AM
GrampysGurl

Default green algae

I have a very small pond (100 gal.) with a waterfall. I have good pumps and
filters. The problem is that I keep getting green algae covering
everything. I use Algae block in both solid and liquid form but nothing
seems to prevent it. Any suggestions?

Is the water green or just the surfaces? The surfaces should get covered in a
layer of algae, that's normal.... If the water itself is green, you need 50-75%
surface coverage as well as oxygenating plants and marginals.... if you are
feeding your fish, stop for a while, they may not be eating it all and the
excess is becoming fertilizer for the algae, your fish will do fine on thier
own; there is plenty *in the pond to feed them.
Colleen