Old 11-06-2003, 02:56 PM
Hank Pagel

Default are these bullfrogs

When I was a kid ....... many years ago and before political
correctness ..... we used to catch bull frogs with long fishing poles
and trout flies. Dangle the fly in front of the frog and gulp. Don't
be surprised at the god-awful sound they make when you grab them. Your
neighbors may think you are slaughtering cattle. Now that I am older
........ not necessarily wiser ...... it doesn't seem like the most
humane thing to do, but it did work and we never had one swallow the
hook. Always hooked in the very edge of lip. I hope this post does not
offend anyone. It just depends on how desperate you are to cull your
bull frog herd.