Old 11-06-2003, 03:32 PM
Cass

Default It's almost bloomed! - better pic

In article , Cass
wrote:

In article , Huskies4all
wrote:

In article ,
says...
Ah ah ah, damn. No flowers yet. I can't wait either. Interesting that
it is blooming on new wood this year. Take note. Great looking foliage.
Blooms ooks white.....

Ok, I finally got my digital to take a pic with some of the yellow in it.
It's still a bit darker yellow, and a bit more "peachy" than the pic
shows, but at least you get some idea of the color.

http://myweb.cableone.net/fattig/6-7-03blooms.jpg
The other page is http://www.geocities.com/huskies4all

Now we're getting somewhere!

So help me out here. This rose dates from when? Did you say it came by
the wagon on the Oregon Trail?

Okay, one rose suggested by two eminent rosarians is Soleil d'Or. One
hallmark of Soleil d'Or is blackspot. Of course, in eastern Idaho, you
probably never have to worry about that. But if you see it, you might
be close to an identification.

Here's a shot at Bob Bauer's website:
http://www.rose-roses.com/rosepages/...SoleilDOr.html

Bob's shot looks pretty saturated (but what do I know?), and I know
your rose looks a bit lighter.

Anyway, you can read a fair amount about this road at HelpMeFind. Click
on the References link.

--
-=-
Cass