Old 11-06-2003, 04:44 PM
Daniel Hanna

Default Crystalline

In m Shiva wrote:
Once again, Daniel, is it because of space considerations? I saw this
one in bloom and loved it.

Shiva, I'd give Hot Chocolate the benefit of the doubt for a couple more
years if I had the space.... but in all honesty I've been disappointed
in this one.

The bloom colour is quite amazing, but the bloom form is a mess and
there are so few of them. No real fragrance either. It's one of those
strong, shapeless bushes that is, frankly, all bush and no rose.

I'd recommend it for rose history lovers, but only because the colour
was a real innovation back in 86 when it was released in New Zealand.