Old 11-06-2003, 08:23 PM
bnd777

Default Conifers. Help What can I plant round them?

Conifers of all kinds are greedy feeders and strip the soil along with
turning it acid
hence the difficulties of growing much near them and the reason for Leylandi
wars
Do give the suggestions from other posters a try though

"Evelyn Usher" wrote in message
. ..
Hi there,

I have several conifers growing in half barrels around my garden.

What I want to know is. What can I grow round them? The conifers are the

small variety, about 3-4
feet high.

I did try heathers and that was not a success. Can I put in some Bedding

plants and perhaps a Clematis?

I am quite new to this gardening and want a nice show of colour.

--
Evelyn in Scotland