Old 11-06-2003, 09:20 PM
Pat Brennan

Default FAQ

O dear, Al has seen sunlight.

"Al" wrote in message
I think there is a difference between "Frequently Asked Questions" and
"Rules To Post BY"

For instance, the number one FAQ is probably either, "The leaves are
yellowing on my orchid, what's a person to do?" or "The flowers just fell
off of my Phal., should I cut off the long stalk thingie they grew on?"

And the number one RTPB, (based on their tendency to start long

inconclusive
discussions about FAQs) is either "Post pictures to the www with a link to
them here or post them to ABPO" or "A short notice of intent to sell

plants
plus a link to the list is preferable to posting the list of sale plants
here."

I believe any FAQ posted to this newsgroup on a repeating schedule by
anybody willing to follow through with this endevour should include a
mixture of the two types of information and should be a short as and sweet
as is humanly possible. ...no offence to Aaron's HUGE file of info, but

list of maybe 10 FAQ/RTPB that is no longer than 15 or 20 KB would be

nifty
and maybe even helpful, although it won't stop the occasion and most

likely
accidiental assult to the sensabilities of those who care what or how
something gets posted.

If somebody just started posting one the worst that could happen is flame
war, and nobody, (not in this newsgroup anyway) ever died from one of

those.
Remember nobody is in charge so nobody can give or take away permission.
All we can really do is try to work together and when we can't work

togehter
all we can do is sling insults, filibuster, or try to ignore one another.
Remember also: it's all been said and done already and yet it's new to
somebody.

Al
Do I need to get out the mothballed Jester suit or will we be needing the
Alien Death Ray?