Old 11-06-2003, 09:56 PM
Nick Maclaren

Default Conifers. Help What can I plant round them?

In article ,
martin wrote:
On Wed, 11 Jun 2003 10:28 +0100 (BST), (Evelyn
Usher) wrote:

I have several conifers growing in half barrels around my garden.

What I want to know is. What can I grow round them? The conifers are the small variety, about 3-4
feet high.

plaster gnomes?

Well, you could, but I would plant Cyclamen coum. With luck, it
will establish itself and form a carpet - very decorative leaves
some of the year, and very attractive flowers. It HATES competition
and waterlogging, but can take summer drought and very poor or acid
soil (though it doesn't need them).

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.