Old 11-06-2003, 10:56 PM
Colin Malsingh

Default Help - Rust on my Garlic!

On Wed, 11 Jun 2003 14:37:17 +0100, "Druss"
wrote:

I've had rust on leeks for years, usually just means we lift them young,

Hi Duncan, do you find you get a reasonable size Leek in your rusty
crop if you have to lift them early? I was concerned that if this
spread to leeks, it would affect much more of the eatable part of the
plant than it does with garlic.

At the moment, some of my garlic plants are almost completely yellow
(even the parts going down to the soil that would normally be green).

I've lifted all those infected, and removed and disposed of all
infected leaves. They are right next to my onions

Interestingly, I have shallots right next to the rust-affected garlic
and they are fine. My neighbour has a fine set of onions about 5 feet
away and they also look fine. It is obviously down to the varieties
involved (it's been so windy that any spores must have spread over all
the plants in the area).

Colin
-----
(Please reply via the newsgroup)