Old 12-06-2003, 02:56 AM
Victor Grund

Default the rain never stops

I many people who frequent this newsgroup know the feeling! It's always
best to avoid cutting grass wet. For one thing it's dangerous because wet
grass is slippery. Also mowing wet grass can spread fungal infections all
over the lawn.

As an absolute last resort I'll mow when the grass is damp, not wet. When
this happens I invariably bag clippings rather than mulch them because the
grass has grown so high. Set the mower higher to minimize the length of the
cut. Lower the mower and cut it a second time after a few days. This will
minimize the shock to the grass.

Victor

"Punch" wrote in message
.. .
I need to cut my lawn but it has rained nightly for the last 10 nights,

the
grass is soaked by morning.

can I cut it wet?