Old 12-06-2003, 05:20 AM
-- pelirojaroja

Default Keeping plants watered when you are away

Depends on what kind of watering you need. I am assuming that you
have containers, based on your mention of wicks. I don't know where
you live, or what type of plants/containers/sun conditions you have --
all those factors play into account.

Personally, I pay a neighbor kid to come and water my containers and
garden while I'm gone. I showed him how to check, and how I wanted
everything watered. So far, he has been reliable (I talk to the
parents, too, so he doesn't forget!)and the plants have looked great
when I come back.

I think 3 weeks is really long to be away without a reliable human to
check on things and water for you.

-- pelirojaroja

(Theo) wrote in message . com...
This summer i will be going on vacation for three weeks and I'm
wondering how to keep my plants watered. I was thinking about using
wicks but I am a little unclear on how to do it. Also, I once read
about these crystals that absorb water and release it slowly. Would
this work?

Thank You
-Theo