Old 12-06-2003, 02:44 PM
Huskies4all

Default It's almost bloomed! - better pic

In article ,
says...
Bob's shot looks pretty saturated (but what do I know?), and I know
your rose looks a bit lighter.

Anyway, you can read a fair amount about this road at HelpMeFind. Click
on the References link.

Sweet. This looks very promising. The color is lighter in my specimen,
but I really think that's because it's in full sun from a little after
sunrise to about an hour before sunset. The timeframe is close, she
would have had to have purchased the rose fairly near it's beginning.
The only thing that is different is that HelpMeFind lists the rose as
reblooming, but afaik, my rose does not. I guess we'll find out for
sure, right?

You know how family legends are...Just because I heard it came on the
wagon train doesn't necessarily mean it's true! Also, I discovered from
my grandmother recently that the original bush my GGM planted was
destroyed by her husband when she died. He tore out all of her roses,
because every time he looked at them, they reminded him of her. The
"parent bush" I got the digging off of was a start she gave to my other
GGM.

The range of colors on this little girl is amazing. It went from almost
white to yellow with a hint of peach, to a fairly significant pink. I
didn't get a shot of that one, dang it. Oh, and the new sucker...er...
Basal Cane :-) *is* beginning to put out buds.

CJ