Old 12-06-2003, 05:44 PM
Scott Teetsel

Default Small Pond Question

It does get a fair amount of shade. We are definitely going to put some
plants in and probably eventually throw a few fish in there as well. I had
read somewhere about some homemade filters, but couldn't find them last
night. I will go back and search some old posts again.

Again, thanks for the help.

Scott

"Sue Alexandre" wrote in message
Depends, Scott. Is it going to have fish/wildlife in it or just plants?
Is it in full sun, or does it get some shade? If it's in a spot that

gets
a lot of sun, and if you're going to throw a few fish in (which I think we
all end up doing eventually!) You'll probably want a filter to keep it
clear. But go back and read some of the old posts about D-I-Y filters....
it would be easy enough (and cheap enough) to just rig something up on

your
own, rather than buying one. Something as simple as poking holes in a
small plastic container, wrapping the pump in quilt batting, and sticking

it
in the plastic box!
Sue