Old 12-06-2003, 07:32 PM

Default String beans climbing too high

On Thu, 12 Jun 2003 07:46:48 GMT, wrote:

My string beans are climbing so high, they are above
the netting strung against 6' wall, and waving their tendrils
desperately in the air.

Will it upset them if I nip off the too-high portions?

TIA

Thanks to all for helpful responses. The concensus
seems to be that if they can't go higher, they will turn around and go
lower. While this is no doubt pragmatically true, one wonders
how a plant that is programmed to be negatively geotropic (or
positively phototropic?) can flourish in a positively geotropic
direction. (See how smart I am

Well, theorizing aside, I will refrain from future pinching and
let the vines do their thing.

--

Persephone