Old 12-06-2003, 08:56 AM

Default String beans climbing too high

My string beans are climbing so high, they are above
the netting strung against 6' wall, and waving their tendrils
desperately in the air.

Will it upset them if I nip off the too-high portions?

TIA

--

Persephone
Old 12-06-2003, 03:56 PM
Patskywriter

to disco music

wave your tendrils in the air -- wave 'em like you just don't care!

pat
Old 12-06-2003, 05:56 PM
FarmerDill

My string beans are climbing so high, they are above
the netting strung against 6' wall, and waving their tendrils
desperately in the air.

Will it upset them if I nip off the too-high portions?

Yes, but probably not fatally. On the other hand if you leave them alone they
will cascade back down, Many times the cascading vine will give a better crop
than the ones going up.