Old 12-06-2003, 08:20 PM
Dutchman

Default Four-square garden design

I've done a little research and understand the history and basics of a four-square garden. I'm in
the process of transforming an area of my backyard into a garden. I like the concept of the
four-square design and will be using raised beds due to my soil conditions. I'm trying to get a
better visualization of the garden and am looking for any design ideas. I've picked up a book on
kitchen gardens and though it referenced the four-square design, it didn't give me anything with
which to better visualize the layout, size and scope of the garden. Does anyone have experience
with this sort of design or can point me to some pictures or layouts?

Many Thanks
Dutch