Old 13-06-2003, 08:08 AM
Allan Carhart

Default What's that growing in my compost?

I almost named this post "Little shop of horrors" :-)

I have a compost going in my backyard, where I seem to have plants
spontaneously growing.

I am an amateur at composting, but I am doing what I've read.
I do put water on it, turn it with a hoe, and on cold
days I could definitely see steam rising from it.

What seems out of the ordinary is a pretty lively plant, maybe a weed,
growing from inside the compost. This thing is huge!!

Rather than trying to post any photos on this group,
I went ahead and made a little website with photos of the mystery plant.

If you think you can help me identify it, please check out this URL:
http://www.carhart.com/allan/plant/

Please let me know what you think.

Allan Carhart
a l l a n . nospam @ carhart.com
Am I to understand there will be no side dishes with our frozen waffles?