Old 13-06-2003, 08:08 AM
Mike

Default Phonetics

On Wed, 11 Jun 2003, Radika Kesavan wrote:

Hmmmm ... no, not really. You might find this, on the general subject of
phonetic spelling in English of some interest in deciding whether a
resource like the one you are asking for is even possible:

http://victorian.fortunecity.com/van...eet-absurd.htm

--
Radika
California

Hi Radika,

Amusing link. I particularly enjoyed agonizing over their
hyper-phoneticized subject headings. Argh! English is one big cluster
headache, ain't it? I believe a reference with simplified phonetic
spellings of rose names would still be helpful, though. Julie gave me a
good link to a site with audio clips of rose names - even better!

Thanks,
Mike