Old 13-06-2003, 09:44 AM
Janice

Default Clematis drive me crazy

"Zizz" wrote in message
I'm wondering if the ones that were bought were the 4ftish size as my mums
had problems with wilt on those size clematis .... maybe they weren't kept
well at the nursery?

Yes, they were about that size, but each bought from different places. This
is their 2nd or 3rd year in my garden; each year they've succumbed to wilt.
I've planted them deep, fed and watered them, covered their roots with a
tile (a frog is living happily under one tile), and I talk to them daily,
but they still swoon easily. Not all the clematis in my garden are ill, so
I think it's just the large-flowered variety that are the problem.

I'm going shopping today to see what's available in the viticella types -
perhaps I'll have more luck with them.