Old 13-06-2003, 11:20 AM
Dee

Default Spuds

"Neil Trotter" wrote in message
Living in S.E. Essex I'd have thought the first of my spuds would've
been about ready by now (Foremost planted early March, followed by
Kestrel in April, Desiree in May), but the only ones to have flowered so
far are the main crop!

Maybe I planted them too deep (about 9"-12"), but if you could have seen
the heavy claggy soggy mess that was the soil I put them in at the time,
you would understand why.

I will be patient.

We planted kestrel on 22nd Mar and have been harvesting for a week now
exactly 11 weeks after planting (we chiited first) so my guess would be
about another week to 10 days and you should be OK.

You could always have a quick grub around to have a look-see.

Well worth waiting for we are getting about 1lb of spuds from each seed
planted and the taste delicious

AndyP