Old 13-06-2003, 04:44 PM
pelirojaroja

Default Bunnies and raised beds

Bunnies are getting into my raised garden with no problem. The asters are
history already. My garden is about 1 1/2 feet off the ground. We have a
large population in our suburb -- lots of decks to hide under, some woods
nearby, and almost no cats or dogs running loose to keep numbers down. Some
neighbors even set out food for them. Sigh. So, yes, I think they can get
into yours. I'm looking forward to reading the responses for trying to keep
them out.

For my part, I will replant what they eat with stuff they are not eating. I
don't want to erect a fence around the ornamental garden. I would if I
wanted a vegetable garden, though.

--
-- pelirojaroja

"rudy" wrote in message
My mother's house is in an area that has a large population of rabbits. I

am
putting in a couple of raised beds for her, built using the 'plasticized'
lumber, two 1x6's stacked above each other.

I had planned on fencing around the raised beds to keep the bunnies out -
but I wonder, will they climb into the raised beds? Or will the height of
the smooth sides keep them out?

Any previous experience with other options for keeping rabbits away would

be
appreciated.

Thanks

rudy