Old 13-06-2003, 04:44 PM
FarmerDill

Default Green beans and barley

I have got a problem with my green beans - they are about 20 cm tall but
have begun to bend and their leaves wither. How much water do they need?

Also can anyone provide some comments on growing barley?

I would doubt that either green beans (P. vugarus) or barley will grow in
Singapore as these are cool weather plants. I would expect heat to take out
either, There is an African version(P. acutifolius) that might work in your
climate. On top of that, root rot oranisms seem to proliferate in warmer soils
evn in the souther part of the U.S.