Old 13-06-2003, 07:20 PM
Graham Ramsay

Default Tankmates for my planted aquarium

"David" wrote
Hello all,

I have a very low tech, planted aquarium with easygrwoing plants like
wisteria, bacopa, banana plants etc. In the tank I have about 12 Black
Widow Tetras, and 3 Buenes Aries Tetras. It is a 46 Gallon Bowfront Tank.

Most of the fish are never seen except for feeding time, and hang out hiding
in the rocks, wood and plants I have set up.

Can anyone recommend some good tankmates for these fish. Ideally I wanted
Angel fish, but I think the tetras will fin nip. Would like something
larger than the tetras and be mid to top dwellers. Thanks in advance.

I had Buenos Aires Tetras and had to take them back
after a week. They munched on my plants big time,
especially my Bacopa. Years ago I had Black Widow
Tetras and had to take them back as they de-finned
my Guppies, you may be okay with such a large shoal.
How about some Gouramis, (T. trichopterus), bit bigger
than what you've got now but not too large. Can take
care of themselves in a community tank and come in
various colours. Cheap and widely available.

--
Graham Ramsay
Blairgowrie (UK)