Old 13-06-2003, 10:56 PM
Jak Crow

Default Lighting suggestions?

I currently have a 50gal tank w/ glass hood and with one SpetraMax
strip light in a generic 48" tank fixture. Since adding a second
single bulb fixture wouldn't work very well size-wise and double and
triple fixtures can be expensive, I was thinking of getting a double
shop light (with a commercial ballast so intensity should be fine) and
hanging it above the tank in conjunction with the hood light. The
hood light would being running a Triton buld, and the shop light would
have the SpectraMax and a GE Aqua-Glow. Would this be a decent
lighting setup? Any suggestions on how low/high to hang the shop
light?