Old 05-02-2003, 04:43 AM
sam

Default PNW help - Fuchsia procumbens and Jasminum nudiflorum

I have some cutting back/trimming questions...

First, Fuchsia procumbens - It's long and wiry and I planned to cut it
all the way back before the new growth started this spring, but
suddenly it's bursting new leaves all along its wiry stems. Should I
cut it back now or just let it go and do what it wants to do?

And, Jasminum nudiflorum (winter jasmine) - I thought I was supposed
to cut the oldest canes to the ground after flowering and before the
leaves open. Hmm... It's still flowering, although almost finished,
but the leaves are opening all over, too. Is it okay to cut it back
now, this early?

Any wise advise would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
sam
PNW z/8