Old 14-06-2003, 12:56 AM
lms

Default Attention Mike: How to pronounce (French and some German) Rose

In article ,
says...

dave weil wrote:
On Fri, 13 Jun 2003 11:37:10 -0700, Radika Kesavan

http://howtopronounce.com/body_press_releases.html
http://howtopronounce.com/body_about.html

Hope this helps.

And since we've been talking about Trier lately, I wanted to point
out that, although most Americans seem to pronounce the name
tree-AIR, the actual pronunciation is something like Tree-ur, with
only a little more emphasis on the first syllable (but not much).

And here I thought it was pronounced "tri-ayeh" or something!

really now. that's a good one.

Of course, the branch of my fanily has always mispronounced our last
name (I'm a wheel, not a while or vile if you want to be exact).

I would have thought as in 'vile' since that's how it's pronounced in
German-- I guess most people don't know this word, when it's not your name,
actually means 'because' or 'since' in Deutsch? I took two years of that
stuff back when Teddy Roosevelt was prez.

As in Kurt Weill. Or do I have this wrong too.

Well, some might think I'm vile g...

You know that I don't, I am sure of this.

And here is a little OT 'secret' - Mack is the one male friend who is
absolutely unafraid of his feminine side; the only person, let alone
man, who boldly declares his intense interest in "The Bold and the
Beautiful." Alas, it is too feminine a sopa opera for my masculine side,
which prefers "The Guiding Light" to B&B g. But Mack is incurably
devoted to B&B, alas.

hahaha. I draw the line when the young twins start singing though.
I don't follow any others. a buddy of mine regularly takes shots at the
great acting. thing is, he now knows names.

Radika
California
USDA 9 / Sunset 15