Old 14-06-2003, 04:20 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Default Scare Crows - Effective?

I've had my scarecrow since I got hit early Summer of 2001 by a raccoon, no
more raccoon problems after that. I had the scarecrow on a water timer that
came on at 8:30-9pm and off at 9am. Then I stared eye-to-eye with a heron
on my roof at noon, so now it's on 24/7. I have a note on the door that
says "Sprinkler?" Going in an out of the door, so I don't forget to turn it
off or on when I enter or leave the area. No fish loses here, can't say if
heron has tried to land or not.

I am getting a 2nd SC after hearing about the solenoid problem, I will use
it on the lily pond, in the meantime, to keep the robins from pulling up my
ground covers.Dang Birds ~ jan

I'd like to know if the ScareCrow is effective against birds?
If yes, How Long does it remain effective?

Nedra

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~