Old 14-06-2003, 04:56 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Default (Cheaper) Amquel

Now this is interesting.....

Go Fig posted this website that is suppose to be the same stuff. The
difference between two seems to be you need 5 lbs of ChlorAm-X (AES-$26.50)
to treat 18,749 gallons. The similar stuff, called Dechlorinator, 8 oz. for
$6.30 at this website:

http://www.backyard-lifestyle.com/de...?c=1&i=WN11200

Now I wonder what the difference is, and/or is there one, other than the
price? Anyone? Wait!

Never mind, did some searching of my own and found that the stuff at above
website is "basically sodium thiosulfate which is widely used to break down
chlorine and chloramines and is considered non-toxic to fish." So it's just
dechlor it appears. To read the whole thing:
http://www.thepondexperts.com/dechlorinator_form.htm for those of us who
wish to use a product for possible ammonia spikes, best buy the ChlorAm-X,
imo. ~ jan

On 13 Jun 2003 13:11:14 -0500, "Lee Brouillet" wrote:

Go on line, look for a product called ChlorAm-X, or order some from AES.
It's a dry powder. It's 1/4th the cost of AmQuel, and is AmQuel's formula
(plus a few more buffers). AmQuel's patent has expired, as has the
non-compete clause for the inventor, so this is the new stuff on the market.

Lee

"BenignVanilla" m wrote in
message ...
Where do y'all by your Amquel? I have decided the only way to rid myself

of
clay...is to start some water changes. The Amquel at P*tsmart seems
expensive.

--
BenignVanilla
Pond Site: www.darofamily.com/jeff/links/mypond