Old 14-06-2003, 06:20 PM
Steve

Default PAPHIOPEDILUM VIETNAMENSE

Steve wrote:
Paph. Delrosi - rothschildianum 'Charlesbourg' X delenatii (vietnamese)

They can't decide if they used Paph. Delrosi or vietnamese?

Paph. vietnamense is the species... a little snooping on the web seems
to indicate there is a Paph. delanatii 'vietnamese'. Really?

Looking at my post in the light of a new day...
I see that (in that middle line) I wrote Delrosi where I meant to write
delenatii.
I guess what I was wondering, but didn't ask, was is there a Paph.
vietnamense AND a Paph. delenatii (vietnamese)? Note the 2 different
spellings which I simply copied from web pages. Or is there a dispute in
what to call the newer Paphs from Vietnam?

Steve