Old 14-06-2003, 07:08 PM
brimon

Default Raspberry Beetle

"brimon" wrote in message
Hi

Last year my crop of late fruiting raspberries were almost ruined by a
miserable little whitish yellow grub getting into the fruit.
I believe the pest is Raspberry Beetle and that you should spray around
fruiting time to prevent.
The canes were a gift some time ago, they grow well, and the fruit is
delicious - IMHO better than the more popular earlier varieties.
I think they are Autumn Bliss but they are 'lost label'.
Could you please advise what to spray with and when and possibly how to
prevent.

I know you are all very helpful folk and look forward to some expert

advice
and more mouthwatering fruit.

Brian

Many thanks to both of you for very full and helpful advice.
I now know how these beasties operate and will try to prevent them
overwintering.
Might have to resort to derris this year but hope not.
Powdered root is not exactly chemical -although I do strive to follow the
organic path.
I also do like raspberries and always very thoroughly wash them after
picking.

Thanks again

Brian