Old 14-06-2003, 08:32 PM
Robin

Default Help me Select Gas Trimmer

Mojo wrote:
Robin, that explains the "Factory Recertified" JD RCS400 I saw at Home
Depot today. I couldn't find this model number on JD web site. Is
it safe toI assume it is a Factory Recertified S 1400?

Stihl FS45 is a curved Shaft. Is there a difference in durability
difference between a straight shaft vs. curved shaft?

On Fri, 13 Jun 2003 17:25:21 -0400, "Robin" wrote:

Mojo wrote:
I have narrowed down my choice of trimmers to the following 3:

John Deere S1400
Stihl FS-45
Riyobi 775r

I am looking for a reliable trimmer that is comfortable to use. Any
comments or suggestions? Thanks in advance.

I had a S1400. I liked the attachments but it just failed.The
starter pull stopped retracting. I went shopping for a replacement
that would work with the attachments. I noticed that Home Depot had
a load of reconditioned JDs for $80. I think they had a lot of
problems with these machines and no longer sell them under the JD
name. My experience certainly has soured me to the brand even though
I have a JD snowblower that works every time. I passed on the JD
trimmer and got a Toro I would have bought the Ryobi if it was
stocked in any of my local stores.

Robin

It certainly looked like an S1400 apart from the model number.