Old 14-06-2003, 10:22 PM
Mary Fisher

Default Which artichoke?

My one globe artichoke has the most amazing dense infestation of
blackfly. While the broad beans are completely clear, with only the
(very) odd confused ant wandering up and down the stems.

Golly, I've never seen blackfly on artichokes of either kind.

But my artichokes are in the front garden, well away from all the other
foodstuffs except rhubarb and the other artichokes.

You made me realise that I've never seen an ant in this area and it's not
that we're too far north!

Off to Wales tomorrow, for two weeks or so. See you all when we get back.

Mary

regards
sarah

--